- Report: Miami Heat purposefully showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
5 Players The Miami Heat Need To Trade This Offseason
- Updated: May 9, 2015
2. Chris Andersen
The steep decline of the 36-year-old big man on the defensive end has to be a major concern for the Heat this offseason. Besides finishing with the lowest block rate of his career, Andersen also allowed 50.4 percent shooting at the rim.
While the “Birdman” did average a respectable 5.3 points and 5.0 rebounds per game, the rigors of 12 NBA seasons have robbed the 6’10” big man of the athleticism that has made him such a key contributor the past few years.
Andersen can still be an effective backup for another one or two seasons. But if Miami wants to make a deep playoff run next year, the popular Texan needs to be coming off the bench in a different uniform.
Next: Shabazz Napier