- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
5 Players The Miami Heat Need To Trade This Offseason
- Updated: May 9, 2015
3. Shabazz Napier
The 2014 first-round pick appeared in 51 games for the Heat before having season-ending surgery with a sports hernia. Although the 23-year-old enjoyed a productive stretch in November, Miami must decide if its backup point guard is more valuable as a trade asset.
The University of Connecticut product averaged 5.1 points, 2.5 assists and 19.8 minutes in his rookie campaign and showed flashes of his playmaking skills. However, a lack of defensive prowess combined with a penchant for turnovers should make him expendable this summer while his trade value remains high.
Napier possesses championship pedigree, excellent court vision and displays good decision-making in transition. But if Miami wants to be a title contender next season, a veteran needs to be running the offense when Dragic is not in the game.
Next: Udonis Haslem