- Report: Miami Heat purposefully showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
5 Players The Miami Heat Need To Trade This Offseason
- Updated: May 9, 2015
3. Shabazz Napier
The 2014 first-round pick appeared in 51 games for the Heat before having season-ending surgery with a sports hernia. Although the 23-year-old enjoyed a productive stretch in November, Miami must decide if its backup point guard is more valuable as a trade asset.
The University of Connecticut product averaged 5.1 points, 2.5 assists and 19.8 minutes in his rookie campaign and showed flashes of his playmaking skills. However, a lack of defensive prowess combined with a penchant for turnovers should make him expendable this summer while his trade value remains high.
Napier possesses championship pedigree, excellent court vision and displays good decision-making in transition. But if Miami wants to be a title contender next season, a veteran needs to be running the offense when Dragic is not in the game.
Next: Udonis Haslem