- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Top Five Things to Look Forward to for Heat’s 2016-17 Season
- Updated: September 20, 2016
4. The Emergence of Hassan Whiteside
The NBA has shifted from a big-man dominated league in the ’90s and early ’00s to a more position-less league today. The Heat are one of the few teams left that still have a big man that can take over a game on both ends of the floor.
Whiteside has shown flashes of utter dominance on both sides of the ball and the key this season will be to see if he can consistently replicate that over several days, weeks, and maybe even the whole season. The powerful center averaged 14.2 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.7 blocks per game last year and those numbers should rise as he becomes a key asset in Spoelstra’s game plan.
Next: Justise Winslow