- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
Five Things That Must Happen for the Miami Heat to Reach the NBA Finals
- Updated: April 19, 2016
4. Get Whiteside Going
Heat fans should hope that finishing third in the Defensive Player of the Year voting will tick Whiteside off and turn him into a man on a mission. Since the All-Star break, the big man has been on a tear, posting 17.5 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks per game.
A high-quality big man who can score, defend and instill fear in opponents is so valuable in today’s NBA because a guy like that is just so rare. In addition to blocking and altering opponents’ shots, Whiteside must crash the boards like never before and be ready and willing to reel in lobs from guys like Dragic, Wade and Johnson for easy dunks and layups. The 7-footer must bring a new level of focus, determination and grit to each playoff game from here on out.
Next: Take Advantage of LeBron’s One Weakness