- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
Five Things That Must Happen for the Miami Heat to Reach the NBA Finals
- Updated: April 19, 2016
4. Get Whiteside Going
Heat fans should hope that finishing third in the Defensive Player of the Year voting will tick Whiteside off and turn him into a man on a mission. Since the All-Star break, the big man has been on a tear, posting 17.5 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks per game.
A high-quality big man who can score, defend and instill fear in opponents is so valuable in today’s NBA because a guy like that is just so rare. In addition to blocking and altering opponents’ shots, Whiteside must crash the boards like never before and be ready and willing to reel in lobs from guys like Dragic, Wade and Johnson for easy dunks and layups. The 7-footer must bring a new level of focus, determination and grit to each playoff game from here on out.
Next: Take Advantage of LeBron’s One Weakness