- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Report: Dwyane Wade Texted Pat Riley About Player He Wants Miami Heat to Draft
- Updated: April 27, 2019
Wade retired at the end of the season after a legendary 16-year career, and he’s already jumping into scouting.
With the 2019 NBA Draft approaching, Wade reportedly reached out to Heat president Pat Riley regarding a prospect to watch.
Pat Riley told me that Dwyane recently texted him a player he liked and to keep an eye on for the draft. D-Wade won’t be far from the game, that’s for sure. Not a bad set of eyes to have. https://t.co/YRuvJDSHCU
— Will Manso (@WillManso) April 25, 2019
Since the Heat missed the playoffs this season, the organization will have a lottery pick in this year’s draft.
While it’s most likely that Miami will draft near the back of the 14-team lottery, the Heat have a 4.8 percent chance at landing one of the top five picks, and a 1 percent chance of securing the first pick.
We may never know who Wade wants Riley to draft, but the fifth overall pick in 2003 certainly has a tremendous basketball mind. His voice is worth listening to.
A 13-time All-Star, Wade averaged 15.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game this season.