- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Dwyane Wade Texted Pat Riley About Player He Wants Miami Heat to Draft
- Updated: April 27, 2019
Wade retired at the end of the season after a legendary 16-year career, and he’s already jumping into scouting.
With the 2019 NBA Draft approaching, Wade reportedly reached out to Heat president Pat Riley regarding a prospect to watch.
Pat Riley told me that Dwyane recently texted him a player he liked and to keep an eye on for the draft. D-Wade won’t be far from the game, that’s for sure. Not a bad set of eyes to have. https://t.co/YRuvJDSHCU
— Will Manso (@WillManso) April 25, 2019
Since the Heat missed the playoffs this season, the organization will have a lottery pick in this year’s draft.
While it’s most likely that Miami will draft near the back of the 14-team lottery, the Heat have a 4.8 percent chance at landing one of the top five picks, and a 1 percent chance of securing the first pick.
We may never know who Wade wants Riley to draft, but the fifth overall pick in 2003 certainly has a tremendous basketball mind. His voice is worth listening to.
A 13-time All-Star, Wade averaged 15.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game this season.