- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
Report: Dwyane Wade Texted Pat Riley About Player He Wants Miami Heat to Draft
- Updated: April 27, 2019
Wade retired at the end of the season after a legendary 16-year career, and he’s already jumping into scouting.
With the 2019 NBA Draft approaching, Wade reportedly reached out to Heat president Pat Riley regarding a prospect to watch.
Pat Riley told me that Dwyane recently texted him a player he liked and to keep an eye on for the draft. D-Wade won’t be far from the game, that’s for sure. Not a bad set of eyes to have. https://t.co/YRuvJDSHCU
— Will Manso (@WillManso) April 25, 2019
Since the Heat missed the playoffs this season, the organization will have a lottery pick in this year’s draft.
While it’s most likely that Miami will draft near the back of the 14-team lottery, the Heat have a 4.8 percent chance at landing one of the top five picks, and a 1 percent chance of securing the first pick.
We may never know who Wade wants Riley to draft, but the fifth overall pick in 2003 certainly has a tremendous basketball mind. His voice is worth listening to.
A 13-time All-Star, Wade averaged 15.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game this season.