- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Five Big Name Free Agents the Miami Heat Could Target in 2016
- Updated: June 11, 2015
4. Chandler Parsons (Dallas Mavericks)
The lanky stretch four has a player option next summer worth over $16 million, but with salary-cap inflation, he could probably get more in free agency.
Though he shoots the three-ball very effectively (.373 percent for his career), Parsons is not just a spot-up shooter — he can bring the ball up the court, set up the offense, create his own shot and drive or slash to the basket.
In his first season with the Mavericks (he started his career in Houston, where he was drafted out of the University of Florida), Parsons averaged 15.7 points per game on 46% shooting. His defense is unspectacular, but with Parsons, it is his offensive game that makes him a tough matchup for opponents, especially since his sneaky athleticism makes him an all-around threat to score.
A front court trio of Parsons, Bosh and Whiteside — with Dragic and Wade in the backcourt — could give the Heat enough length and firepower to ascend into the elite of the Eastern Conference.
Next: Monta Ellis