- Kevin Garnett excludes Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo while thanking Celtics players during HOF speech
- Dwyane Wade give enthusiastic endorsement of J. Cole’s new album ‘The Off-Season’
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
5 Players The Miami Heat Could Be Looking To Target This Season
- Updated: December 18, 2014
3. Brendan Haywood
Brendan Haywood is a 35-year-old center currently playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Haywood has two years left on his contract; however, his last year is a non-guaranteed year. If the Heat were to acquire Haywood and release him before August 1st of 2015, they would have no dead money on their hands. This essentially means that Haywood can be acquired on what is essentially a one-year deal.
The 7-footer has played in just five games this season and is being used to fill a roster spot at this point. Haywood does not fit into the Cavs’ future plans and they would love to get rid of him.
The 12-year NBA veteran has never been a true offensive option but he possesses size, experience and an expiring contract. He is owed just $2.2 million this season.
If used correctly, Haywood could be used as a defensive presence in certain situations. The Heat have done this in recent years with players with limited skills such as Greg Oden, Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magloire.