- Tyler Herro Discusses Skill Set He’s ‘Working Really Hard’ to Improve Inside NBA Bubble
- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
- Mario Chalmers Once Got Into Heated Confrontation With LeBron James After Telling Him to ‘Stop Playing Like a B—h’
- Miami Heat Rumors: Jimmy Butler on Track to Return Monday Against T.J. Warren and Indiana Pacers
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro Gives Thoughts on Playing Point Guard After Incredible Performance vs. Phoenix Suns
- Video: Devin Booker and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It During Miami Heat-Phoenix Suns Matchup
- Miami Heat’s Jae Crowder Continues to Beg for Justice for Breonna Taylor After 148 Days Pass Since Her Murder
- Dwyane Wade’s Hyped Reaction After Seeing Rodney McGruder Hit Game-Winning 3 Against Trail Blazers
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
5 Miami Heat Players Most Likely to be Traded before the Deadline
- Updated: February 16, 2015
3. Shawne Williams
It’s hard to believe how much Shawne Williams has fallen off the radar since the beginning of the season.
Williams started the first 17 games of the season due to Josh McRoberts’ injury. Believe it or not, he played pretty damn well as the team’s starting power forward. Over that stretch, the 29-year-old averaged 9.7 PPG on .482 from the field and .479 from beyond the arc.
Eventually, McRoberts got healthy—and Williams was shifted to the bench. To say that Williams has been mediocre off the bench is an understatement—in his 22 appearances off the bench he has yet to score in double figures in a single game.
He has fallen off the Heat’s depth chart and has missed recent games due to a hip injury. The fact that he makes just $1.2 million this year and has a non-guaranteed deal for next season may make him an attractive option for suitors. When you combine that with the fact that he’s a 6’9″ power forward capable of knocking down three-point jump shots, teams may take a chance on him.
Next: Norris Cole