- Miami Heat News: Tyler Herro Expected to Be Out Multiple More Weeks
- Luka Doncic Reps Miami Dolphins Ahead of Miami Heat-Dallas Mavericks Game
- Miami Heat Update Injury Report for Friday Night’s Contest vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why He Wants to Work Out With Kevin Garnett
- Goran Dragic Warns Miami Heat About Recent Struggles: ‘We Don’t Have a Chance in the Playoffs’
- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
5 Miami Heat Players Most Likely to be Traded before the Deadline
- Updated: February 16, 2015
4. Norris Cole
As mentioned earlier, Cole was a part of the Heat’s failed trade proposal to the Pistons.
The Heat are ready to part ways with Cole. He is currently third in the point guard pecking order behind Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier. With the point guard becoming a free agent this summer, and Miami unlikely to offer a $3 million qualifying option to match offers by the June 30 deadline, they would be letting Cole walk without getting anything in return.
Which means the Heat just have a few more days to get a veteran, a prospect or a draft pick in return for the four-year veteran.
The issue here is that not many teams are willing to unload players and draft picks for a backup point guard who is clearly slumping this season. Cole started out the year as the starting point guard before being replaced by Chalmers.
On the season, he is averaging just 6.3 PPG on 38.6 percent shooting from the field. Making matters worse, his field goal percentage from three-point range is just 26.5 percent. Both shooting marks are career-lows.
Next: Chris Andersen