- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Thanks to Jimmy Butler’s ‘Laid-Back Presence’
- Report: There Have Been ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters That Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
5 Miami Heat Players Most Likely to be Traded before the Deadline
- Updated: February 16, 2015
4. Norris Cole
As mentioned earlier, Cole was a part of the Heat’s failed trade proposal to the Pistons.
The Heat are ready to part ways with Cole. He is currently third in the point guard pecking order behind Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier. With the point guard becoming a free agent this summer, and Miami unlikely to offer a $3 million qualifying option to match offers by the June 30 deadline, they would be letting Cole walk without getting anything in return.
Which means the Heat just have a few more days to get a veteran, a prospect or a draft pick in return for the four-year veteran.
The issue here is that not many teams are willing to unload players and draft picks for a backup point guard who is clearly slumping this season. Cole started out the year as the starting point guard before being replaced by Chalmers.
On the season, he is averaging just 6.3 PPG on 38.6 percent shooting from the field. Making matters worse, his field goal percentage from three-point range is just 26.5 percent. Both shooting marks are career-lows.
Next: Chris Andersen