- Kendrick Perkins makes a bold claim about Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
5 Free Agents the Miami Heat Could Be Looking to Target This Offseason
- Updated: May 19, 2016
3. Al Horford
Horford is an unrestricted free agent this summer. He’s a consistent big man who can shoot the ball and he’s only 29 years old. If Miami fails to sign Whiteside, Horford could become the next target to fill in the spot at the center position. While not entirely dominant in any facet of his game, Horford still maintains a highly sought-after set of skills that would make him a valuable asset to any team that signs him.
It’s tough to say whether Heat fans would prefer Horford or Whiteside when push comes to shove. While Whiteside is more of a defensive stalwart, Horford has a more polished offensive game. He averaged 15.2 points and 7.3 rebonds per game this season. He is a proven veteran who has found success each year he has played for the Atlanta Hawks, while Whiteside is a fan favorite with limitless potential upside. Pat Riley and company will not overlook the prospect of Horford come summertime.
Next: Mike Conley