- Popular Makeup Artist Jeffree Star Claims Multiple NBA Players Have Slid in His DMs
- Report: Goran Dragic Expected to Get $19 Million Offer From Miami Heat This Summer
- Jae Crowder Dead Set on Staying With Miami Heat: ‘I Really Want to Make This My Home’
- Report: Miami Heat Were ‘Making a Push’ for DeMar DeRozan During Trade Deadline
- Chris Bosh Offers Heavy Praise for Kevin Love’s Generous Donation to Cavs Staff
- Bam Adebayo’s Hilarious Portrayal for His ‘Mood’ During NBA Suspension
- Dwyane Wade Disapproves of Miami-Dade and Broward County Schools Remaining Open
- Report: NBA to Shut Down Season for Minimum 30 Days
- Dwyane and Zaire Wade Send Love to Donovan Mitchell After Coronavirus Diagnosis
- Report: Utah Jazz Release Coronavirus Test Results for 58 Players and Employees
5 Free Agents the Miami Heat Could Be Looking to Target This Offseason
- Updated: May 19, 2016
3. Al Horford
Horford is an unrestricted free agent this summer. He’s a consistent big man who can shoot the ball and he’s only 29 years old. If Miami fails to sign Whiteside, Horford could become the next target to fill in the spot at the center position. While not entirely dominant in any facet of his game, Horford still maintains a highly sought-after set of skills that would make him a valuable asset to any team that signs him.
It’s tough to say whether Heat fans would prefer Horford or Whiteside when push comes to shove. While Whiteside is more of a defensive stalwart, Horford has a more polished offensive game. He averaged 15.2 points and 7.3 rebonds per game this season. He is a proven veteran who has found success each year he has played for the Atlanta Hawks, while Whiteside is a fan favorite with limitless potential upside. Pat Riley and company will not overlook the prospect of Horford come summertime.
Next: Mike Conley