- Kendrick Perkins makes a bold claim about Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
5 Free Agents the Miami Heat Could Be Looking to Target This Offseason
- Updated: May 19, 2016
5. DeMar DeRozan
The man that just helped his team knock off the Heat in the playoffs becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season. DeRozan is a highly skilled scorer with good length and athleticism, who knocks down clutch shots. He’s capable of putting up 35 on any given night. Miami is desperate for a scorer they can consistently rely on, particularly come playoff time.
Though DeRozan is more likely to re-sign with the Raptors or take his talents to sunny Los Angeles, he may still be interested in listening to what the Heat have to offer come July. DeRozan can play the two or three position and can provide a valuable uptick in pace that the Heat lack desperately. If signed, he would instantly become a starter on the Heat who lack consistency at the small forward position.
Only time will tell how the free agency frenzy will play out. The landscape of the NBA will likely look vastly different in 2016-17 and the Heat hope to be one of those teams with fresh faces on their squad. Naturally, Durant is the top option and Riley, as well as the rest of the front office will do everything in their power to provide him with the best deal possible. Though, even if they can’t lock down Durant, there are still many intriguing options out there that could help Miami get the boost they need to once again reach the NBA Finals.