- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Video: Tyler Herro Goes on Personal 14-Point Run to Open Game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 14, 2019
That ability was put on display in an awe-inspiring 14-point run by Herro to open the Heat’s preseason game versus the Atlanta Hawks.
The hot start to tonight’s game means Herro will have recorded two double-digit scoring efforts in three games. Already, the University of Kentucky product is looking like one of the biggest steals of 2019 NBA Draft.
One change worth mentioning is that Tuesday night’s game marked the first start of Herro’s NBA career. While it is quite unlikely that the rookie will enter the regular season as Miami’s starting shooting guard, he is already making a strong case to be considered for the role.
With the offseason addition of Jimmy Butler, Heat fans everywhere are expecting the 2019-20 season to result in a playoff berth.
If Herro can continue shooting at a rate anywhere close to this, the goals for the season might start to become quite a bit more lofty.