- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Video: Tyler Herro Goes on Personal 14-Point Run to Open Game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 14, 2019
That ability was put on display in an awe-inspiring 14-point run by Herro to open the Heat’s preseason game versus the Atlanta Hawks.
The hot start to tonight’s game means Herro will have recorded two double-digit scoring efforts in three games. Already, the University of Kentucky product is looking like one of the biggest steals of 2019 NBA Draft.
One change worth mentioning is that Tuesday night’s game marked the first start of Herro’s NBA career. While it is quite unlikely that the rookie will enter the regular season as Miami’s starting shooting guard, he is already making a strong case to be considered for the role.
With the offseason addition of Jimmy Butler, Heat fans everywhere are expecting the 2019-20 season to result in a playoff berth.
If Herro can continue shooting at a rate anywhere close to this, the goals for the season might start to become quite a bit more lofty.