- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
- Frustrated Jimmy Butler rips into Miami Heat teammates for being ‘soft’
- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
Barack Obama Dedicates Epic Tribute Video to Dwyane Wade
- Updated: April 9, 2019
Prior to the game, many people paid tribute to the outstanding career of the three-time champion, including Barack Obama.
The 44th president recorded a video honoring the 13-time All-Star, and it was both touching and humorous.
No. 44 salutes No. 3. #L3GACY
“D. Wade, congratulations on a great run,” Obama said. “Now I know what you’re going through, ’cause saying goodbye to a career you love is never easy. I’ve been there. In my case though, I didn’t really have a choice. My knees were shot so I had to give up basketball forever. You, on the other hand, look like you’re still hoopin’ out there. And I imagine it’s a little tougher when you’ve just completed one of the greatest careers in NBA history.
“For 16 years you’ve given us high-wire dunks, big shots in big moments, more blocks than any guard in history. You were willing to sacrifice your body in the lane and sometimes sacrifice your ego in pursuit of a title. And whenever you got knocked down you always showed us how to get back up. So you showed some Chicago spirit in you and you did us proud.
“So from all of us who are fans of the game, we just want to congratulate you on an extraordinary career — a career for the record books. I hope that the next phase of your life is just as fulfilling and just as spectacular as this one has been. Take care.”
As far as tributes go, it’s pretty hard to beat that.