- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Miami Heat news: Derrick Jones Jr. agrees to deal with Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: November 20, 2020
The Miami Heat have lost one of their key young rotational players.
Forward Derrick Jones Jr. has agreed to a two-year contract to move west and join the Portland Trail Blazers.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 21, 2020
Jones Jr. put up 8.5 points and 3.9 rebounds a game in 23.3 minutes per game for a Heat squad that unexpectedly reached the NBA Finals this past season.
Although he barely played during the postseason, his athleticism and defense made him a player that the Heat wanted to keep in the fold moving forward.
Jones Jr. is also an exciting player, as he won the 2020 NBA Slam Dunk Contest over the Orlando Magic’s Aaron Gordon by a hair.
Coming off a disappointing season, the Blazers are starting to look like a dark horse team in the always-competitive Western Conference.
Earlier this week, they acquired 3-and-D forward Robert Covington from the Houston Rockets, and on Friday, Portland also netted center Enes Kanter in a three-team trade.