- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
- Report: Joe Johnson ‘intrigued’ by Miami Heat, likes Jimmy Butler’s role with team
- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Updated: May 4, 2021
Jimmy Butler (flu-like) is OUT tonight.
Andre Iguodala (hip) will play.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) May 4, 2021
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) May 4, 2021
Butler, 31, has played in 48 of the Heat’s 65 games coming into Tuesday’s action.
The veteran is averaging 21.5 points, 7.2 assists, 7.0 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game this season. He’s in his second year in Miami.
Although the Heat reached the NBA Finals last year, they’ve looked sloppy this season. The team holds 35-30 record and is the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat are jockeying for good position in the standings as are the Mavericks. The Mavs are the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference this season.