- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Video: Kentucky Fans Breaks Down in Tears After Tyler Herro Gifts Him Sweatband
- Updated: November 1, 2019
Following the Heat’s road victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday, Herro gifted a University of Kentucky fan with one of his wristbands.
The elated fan couldn’t contain his excitement.
Kentucky fan was beyond hyped after getting a wristband from Tyler Herro ?
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) November 1, 2019
Herro was the No. 13 pick in the 2019 NBA draft.
Despite putting up solid numbers of 14.0 points and 4.5 rebounds per game during his time at Kentucky, many Heat fans were not altogether pleased with the pick.
However, the 6-foot-5 rising star quickly changed expectations when he shined during Miami’s Summer League games. That success has continued into the regular season.
In five games this year, Herro is averaging 16.4 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per contest. In fact, the first-year pro already broke a monumental Heat rookie record earlier this week.