- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
Tyler Herro Sets Miami Heat Record Off Bench Against Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 30, 2019
The shooting guard set the Heat record for most points off the bench by a rookie against the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday. Herro’s 29 points eclipsed former Heat star Michael Bealey’s rookie record from 2009.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 30, 2019
The Heat selected the 19-year-old with the No. 13 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. While the youngster didn’t gain much attention on draft day, he has since become a household name among rookies.
In the Heat’s victory over the Hawks, Herro scored 29 points, grabbed seven boards and dished out two assists in 29 minutes. Perhaps the most dazzling part of the performance, the 6-foot-5 pro exploded for 19 points in the second quarter alone.
While the sample size is small, Herro will absolutely be a strong candidate for the Rookie of the Year award. The University of Kentucky product is putting up 16.2 points and 6.2 rebounds per game this season.
The Heat and Hawks face each other again in Atlanta on Thursday.