- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Tyler Herro Sets Miami Heat Record Off Bench Against Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 30, 2019
The shooting guard set the Heat record for most points off the bench by a rookie against the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday. Herro’s 29 points eclipsed former Heat star Michael Bealey’s rookie record from 2009.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 30, 2019
The Heat selected the 19-year-old with the No. 13 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. While the youngster didn’t gain much attention on draft day, he has since become a household name among rookies.
In the Heat’s victory over the Hawks, Herro scored 29 points, grabbed seven boards and dished out two assists in 29 minutes. Perhaps the most dazzling part of the performance, the 6-foot-5 pro exploded for 19 points in the second quarter alone.
While the sample size is small, Herro will absolutely be a strong candidate for the Rookie of the Year award. The University of Kentucky product is putting up 16.2 points and 6.2 rebounds per game this season.
The Heat and Hawks face each other again in Atlanta on Thursday.