- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Report: Dion Waiters on Crutches, ‘Hoping’ to Return Before End of Regular Season
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The playing status of Miami Heat shooting guard Dion Waiters has fluctuated considerably in the 48-hour span since he injured his left ankle in Friday night’s victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. After major concern gave way to some reassurance, there’s now concern whether or not he’ll return to action prior to the end of the regular season.
Dion Waiters says this ankle injury is worse than the last one. on crutches. Hope right now is to come back before end of regular season
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) March 19, 2017
That previous ankle injury also happened against the Timberwolves back on Feb. 6 and saw Waiters sit out the next three games. In this instance, an MRI wasn’t required, though Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra isn’t completely sure about the severity of the injury.
With Sunday night’s loss to the Blazers, the Heat currently hold the ninth seed in the Eastern Conference with a 34-36 record. The team has 12 games left to play, with the final game scheduled for April 12 at home against the Wizards.