- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: Dion Waiters on Crutches, ‘Hoping’ to Return Before End of Regular Season
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The playing status of Miami Heat shooting guard Dion Waiters has fluctuated considerably in the 48-hour span since he injured his left ankle in Friday night’s victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. After major concern gave way to some reassurance, there’s now concern whether or not he’ll return to action prior to the end of the regular season.
Dion Waiters says this ankle injury is worse than the last one. on crutches. Hope right now is to come back before end of regular season
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) March 19, 2017
That previous ankle injury also happened against the Timberwolves back on Feb. 6 and saw Waiters sit out the next three games. In this instance, an MRI wasn’t required, though Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra isn’t completely sure about the severity of the injury.
With Sunday night’s loss to the Blazers, the Heat currently hold the ninth seed in the Eastern Conference with a 34-36 record. The team has 12 games left to play, with the final game scheduled for April 12 at home against the Wizards.