- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
- Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Watch Zaire Wade and LeBron James Jr. Make Sierra Canyon Debut
- NBA Rookies Declare Tyler Herro as Best Shooter in 2019 Draft Class
- Udonis Haslem Celebrates Rick Ross’ No. 1 Album, Honored by Shout-Out on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- John Cho Hilariously Responds to Dwyane Wade After Kissing His Wife
- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
Report: Dion Waiters on Crutches, ‘Hoping’ to Return Before End of Regular Season
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The playing status of Miami Heat shooting guard Dion Waiters has fluctuated considerably in the 48-hour span since he injured his left ankle in Friday night’s victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. After major concern gave way to some reassurance, there’s now concern whether or not he’ll return to action prior to the end of the regular season.
Dion Waiters says this ankle injury is worse than the last one. on crutches. Hope right now is to come back before end of regular season
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) March 19, 2017
That previous ankle injury also happened against the Timberwolves back on Feb. 6 and saw Waiters sit out the next three games. In this instance, an MRI wasn’t required, though Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra isn’t completely sure about the severity of the injury.
With Sunday night’s loss to the Blazers, the Heat currently hold the ninth seed in the Eastern Conference with a 34-36 record. The team has 12 games left to play, with the final game scheduled for April 12 at home against the Wizards.