- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
Erik Spoelstra Offers Update on Status of Dion Waiters
- Updated: March 19, 2017
The status of Miami Heat shooting guard Dion Waiters’ left ankle has been a subject of great interest for the team and its fans since he injured his ankle in the team’s victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night. In an effort to clarify the situation, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra spoke to media on Saturday and indicated that Waiters should be considered day-to-day regarding his availability.
“We got on it right away, but we’ll all just have to see how it progresses from there,” Spoelstra said.
Spoelstra indicated that there’s no specific diagnosis regarding the level of seriousness, nor did he attempt to give a timetable of Waiters’ return to the court.
“No we’re not even grading it as any kind,” Spoelstra said, who also indicated that no MRI would take place. “Plus, Dion doesn’t want to hear any of that. He just wants it to feel better and get back out there.”
The Heat are currently tied for the seventh best record in the Eastern Conference with the Milwaukee Bucks at 34-35. They have 13 games remaining to solidify a playoff berth and are currently just 1.5 games behind the sixth-seeded Indiana Pacers.