- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Heat Trade 3 Second-Round Picks for Stanford’s KZ Okpala
- Updated: June 20, 2019
Indiana has traded No. 32 to Miami for three second-round picks, league source tells ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 21, 2019
Okpala played two seasons with the Cardinals, showing an uptick in his numbers as a sophomore. This past season, he averaged 16.8 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists in his games.
He definitely showed improvement when it came to his shooting touch, connecting on 46.3 percent of his field goals after hitting just 39.3 percent of his shots as a freshman. From long-range, he went from 22.6 percent to 36.8 percent.
Okpala joins the Heat’s first-round pick University of Kentucky guard Tyler Herro, who was chosen with the 13th overall selection.