- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Wayne Ellington to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Per source, Wayne Ellington has agreed to a one year, 6.27 M deal with Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) July 13, 2018
Ellington was an unrestricted free agent, but the Heat had repeatedly mentioned that they were interested in bringing back the 30-year-old guard. This signing increases the probability of guard Dion Waiters being traded as the team now has a crowded backcourt.
Ellington averaged 11.2 points last season on a blistering 39.2 percent from three. It looks like Pat Riley and the front office will be doubling down on the team’s roster from last season and seeing how far this core unit can take them.