- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Wayne Ellington to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Per source, Wayne Ellington has agreed to a one year, 6.27 M deal with Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) July 13, 2018
Ellington was an unrestricted free agent, but the Heat had repeatedly mentioned that they were interested in bringing back the 30-year-old guard. This signing increases the probability of guard Dion Waiters being traded as the team now has a crowded backcourt.
Ellington averaged 11.2 points last season on a blistering 39.2 percent from three. It looks like Pat Riley and the front office will be doubling down on the team’s roster from last season and seeing how far this core unit can take them.