- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Wayne Ellington to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Per source, Wayne Ellington has agreed to a one year, 6.27 M deal with Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) July 13, 2018
Ellington was an unrestricted free agent, but the Heat had repeatedly mentioned that they were interested in bringing back the 30-year-old guard. This signing increases the probability of guard Dion Waiters being traded as the team now has a crowded backcourt.
Ellington averaged 11.2 points last season on a blistering 39.2 percent from three. It looks like Pat Riley and the front office will be doubling down on the team’s roster from last season and seeing how far this core unit can take them.