- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
Miami Heat News: Severity of Kelly Olynyk’s Injury Revealed
- Updated: August 8, 2019
After limping off the court and into the Canadian team locker room, it was reported that Olynyk would undergo X-rays. It was also reported that he may have suffered a knee injury. That is always a scary prospect, as some knee injuries can take months to recover from.
Luckily in the case of Olynyk, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
On Thursday morning, it was reported that Olynyk’s injury is minor and he is expected to miss no more than a week’s time.
Some positive news on Kelly Olynyk who slipped on a wet floor and fell hard vs. Nigeria last night, bruising his knee: Thinking is he’ll be out for a week but expected to continue to Worlds: https://t.co/nZ8HwOCPOZ
— Michael Grange (@michaelgrange) August 8, 2019
While Olynyk has primarily played a bench role for the Heat since signing with the club following the 2017-18 season, the 2019-20 campaign could mark a shift. Last season, he started a career-high 39 games. With the departure of big man Hassan Whiteside earlier this offseason, it’s quite likely that Olynyk will eclipse that career benchmark this season.
Before that, Olynyk still seems poised to represent his nation in the upcoming World Cup tournament.