- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Severity of Kelly Olynyk’s Injury Revealed
- Updated: August 8, 2019
After limping off the court and into the Canadian team locker room, it was reported that Olynyk would undergo X-rays. It was also reported that he may have suffered a knee injury. That is always a scary prospect, as some knee injuries can take months to recover from.
Luckily in the case of Olynyk, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
On Thursday morning, it was reported that Olynyk’s injury is minor and he is expected to miss no more than a week’s time.
Some positive news on Kelly Olynyk who slipped on a wet floor and fell hard vs. Nigeria last night, bruising his knee: Thinking is he’ll be out for a week but expected to continue to Worlds: https://t.co/nZ8HwOCPOZ
— Michael Grange (@michaelgrange) August 8, 2019
While Olynyk has primarily played a bench role for the Heat since signing with the club following the 2017-18 season, the 2019-20 campaign could mark a shift. Last season, he started a career-high 39 games. With the departure of big man Hassan Whiteside earlier this offseason, it’s quite likely that Olynyk will eclipse that career benchmark this season.
Before that, Olynyk still seems poised to represent his nation in the upcoming World Cup tournament.