- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Miami Heat News: Severity of Kelly Olynyk’s Injury Revealed
- Updated: August 8, 2019
After limping off the court and into the Canadian team locker room, it was reported that Olynyk would undergo X-rays. It was also reported that he may have suffered a knee injury. That is always a scary prospect, as some knee injuries can take months to recover from.
Luckily in the case of Olynyk, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
On Thursday morning, it was reported that Olynyk’s injury is minor and he is expected to miss no more than a week’s time.
Some positive news on Kelly Olynyk who slipped on a wet floor and fell hard vs. Nigeria last night, bruising his knee: Thinking is he’ll be out for a week but expected to continue to Worlds: https://t.co/nZ8HwOCPOZ
— Michael Grange (@michaelgrange) August 8, 2019
While Olynyk has primarily played a bench role for the Heat since signing with the club following the 2017-18 season, the 2019-20 campaign could mark a shift. Last season, he started a career-high 39 games. With the departure of big man Hassan Whiteside earlier this offseason, it’s quite likely that Olynyk will eclipse that career benchmark this season.
Before that, Olynyk still seems poised to represent his nation in the upcoming World Cup tournament.