- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Miami Heat News: Severity of Kelly Olynyk’s Injury Revealed
- Updated: August 8, 2019
After limping off the court and into the Canadian team locker room, it was reported that Olynyk would undergo X-rays. It was also reported that he may have suffered a knee injury. That is always a scary prospect, as some knee injuries can take months to recover from.
Luckily in the case of Olynyk, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
On Thursday morning, it was reported that Olynyk’s injury is minor and he is expected to miss no more than a week’s time.
Some positive news on Kelly Olynyk who slipped on a wet floor and fell hard vs. Nigeria last night, bruising his knee: Thinking is he’ll be out for a week but expected to continue to Worlds: https://t.co/nZ8HwOCPOZ
— Michael Grange (@michaelgrange) August 8, 2019
While Olynyk has primarily played a bench role for the Heat since signing with the club following the 2017-18 season, the 2019-20 campaign could mark a shift. Last season, he started a career-high 39 games. With the departure of big man Hassan Whiteside earlier this offseason, it’s quite likely that Olynyk will eclipse that career benchmark this season.
Before that, Olynyk still seems poised to represent his nation in the upcoming World Cup tournament.