- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk Injured During FIBA Exhibition Game
- Updated: August 7, 2019
Earlier this summer, fans saw a multitude of NBA stars withdraw from their respective national teams leading up to this month’s 2019 FIBA World Cup.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
According to early reports, Olynyk quickly limped to the locker room favoring his uninjured leg. The severity of the injury is not yet known. Hopefully the fact that Olynyk was able to walk off on his own power is indicative of something minor.
Last season, Olynyk averaged 10.0 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. While he spent most of his time coming off the bench, he saw an uptick in playing time and production as the season came to a close.
He also displayed a real ability to remain healthy and on the floor, playing in 79 of Miami’s 82 games in the 2018-19 campaign.
Hopefully this fall doesn’t derail Olynyk’s ability to stay on the floor.
Any updates of the injury will be reported here as soon as more comes to light.