- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk Injured During FIBA Exhibition Game
- Updated: August 7, 2019
Earlier this summer, fans saw a multitude of NBA stars withdraw from their respective national teams leading up to this month’s 2019 FIBA World Cup.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
According to early reports, Olynyk quickly limped to the locker room favoring his uninjured leg. The severity of the injury is not yet known. Hopefully the fact that Olynyk was able to walk off on his own power is indicative of something minor.
Last season, Olynyk averaged 10.0 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. While he spent most of his time coming off the bench, he saw an uptick in playing time and production as the season came to a close.
He also displayed a real ability to remain healthy and on the floor, playing in 79 of Miami’s 82 games in the 2018-19 campaign.
Hopefully this fall doesn’t derail Olynyk’s ability to stay on the floor.
Any updates of the injury will be reported here as soon as more comes to light.