- Report: Miami Heat Announce Dwyane Wade’s 3 Day Retirement Ceremony Plans
- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk Injured During FIBA Exhibition Game
- Updated: August 7, 2019
Earlier this summer, fans saw a multitude of NBA stars withdraw from their respective national teams leading up to this month’s 2019 FIBA World Cup.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
According to early reports, Olynyk quickly limped to the locker room favoring his uninjured leg. The severity of the injury is not yet known. Hopefully the fact that Olynyk was able to walk off on his own power is indicative of something minor.
Last season, Olynyk averaged 10.0 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. While he spent most of his time coming off the bench, he saw an uptick in playing time and production as the season came to a close.
He also displayed a real ability to remain healthy and on the floor, playing in 79 of Miami’s 82 games in the 2018-19 campaign.
Hopefully this fall doesn’t derail Olynyk’s ability to stay on the floor.
Any updates of the injury will be reported here as soon as more comes to light.