- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk Injured During FIBA Exhibition Game
- Updated: August 7, 2019
Earlier this summer, fans saw a multitude of NBA stars withdraw from their respective national teams leading up to this month’s 2019 FIBA World Cup.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
According to early reports, Olynyk quickly limped to the locker room favoring his uninjured leg. The severity of the injury is not yet known. Hopefully the fact that Olynyk was able to walk off on his own power is indicative of something minor.
Last season, Olynyk averaged 10.0 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. While he spent most of his time coming off the bench, he saw an uptick in playing time and production as the season came to a close.
He also displayed a real ability to remain healthy and on the floor, playing in 79 of Miami’s 82 games in the 2018-19 campaign.
Hopefully this fall doesn’t derail Olynyk’s ability to stay on the floor.
Any updates of the injury will be reported here as soon as more comes to light.