- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk Injured During FIBA Exhibition Game
- Updated: August 7, 2019
Earlier this summer, fans saw a multitude of NBA stars withdraw from their respective national teams leading up to this month’s 2019 FIBA World Cup.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
According to early reports, Olynyk quickly limped to the locker room favoring his uninjured leg. The severity of the injury is not yet known. Hopefully the fact that Olynyk was able to walk off on his own power is indicative of something minor.
Last season, Olynyk averaged 10.0 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. While he spent most of his time coming off the bench, he saw an uptick in playing time and production as the season came to a close.
He also displayed a real ability to remain healthy and on the floor, playing in 79 of Miami’s 82 games in the 2018-19 campaign.
Hopefully this fall doesn’t derail Olynyk’s ability to stay on the floor.
Any updates of the injury will be reported here as soon as more comes to light.