- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat News: James Johnson Agrees to Four-Year Deal to Stay With Heat
- Updated: July 6, 2017
After finalizing a deal to send power forward Josh McRoberts and a future second-round draft pick to the Dallas Mavericks in order to clear cap space, the Miami Heat and James Johnson have agreed to the framework of a four-year deal, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 7, 2017
Johnson had made it clear several times this year of his intentions to return to the Heat, even stating that he was willing to wait until the Gordon Hayward fiasco to discuss the details of his own contract.
“Of course, of course,” Johnson said when asked if he’d like to return to the Heat. “I’ve never experienced family this close, this fast, an organization like this that really brings out the best in me and allows me to bring out the best in my players and my teammates and that’s all you can ask for.”
The 30-year-old swingman is the very definition of a “Heat Lifer” and his loyalty should be rewarded as the Heat discuss the final details of his new four-year contract.