- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
Miami Heat News: James Johnson Agrees to Four-Year Deal to Stay With Heat
- Updated: July 6, 2017
After finalizing a deal to send power forward Josh McRoberts and a future second-round draft pick to the Dallas Mavericks in order to clear cap space, the Miami Heat and James Johnson have agreed to the framework of a four-year deal, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 7, 2017
Johnson had made it clear several times this year of his intentions to return to the Heat, even stating that he was willing to wait until the Gordon Hayward fiasco to discuss the details of his own contract.
“Of course, of course,” Johnson said when asked if he’d like to return to the Heat. “I’ve never experienced family this close, this fast, an organization like this that really brings out the best in me and allows me to bring out the best in my players and my teammates and that’s all you can ask for.”
The 30-year-old swingman is the very definition of a “Heat Lifer” and his loyalty should be rewarded as the Heat discuss the final details of his new four-year contract.