- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Forward Dorell Wright
- Updated: April 11, 2016
Dorell Wright will sign with the Heat. Returning from China always gets interesting with international rules.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 11, 2016
Wright, 30, played in Miami for the first six years of his career. The 19th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft shuffled around the NBA after that with stops in Golden State, Philadelphia and Portland before landing in China.
The veteran is coming off a very impressive season in the CBA, putting up 24.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals while shooting 50.9 percent from the field.
The 6-foot-7 forward has always had a strong friendship with Dwyane Wade as the two grew up in the league and won the 2006 championship together. Wright, known for his sharp three-point shooting abilities, will open the floor for Wade and Goran Dragic.
The expectation is the that Heat will sign him before tomorrow’s game to get some experience and get used to the team’s system before the playoffs start this weekend.