- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Forward Dorell Wright
- Updated: April 11, 2016
Dorell Wright will sign with the Heat. Returning from China always gets interesting with international rules.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 11, 2016
Wright, 30, played in Miami for the first six years of his career. The 19th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft shuffled around the NBA after that with stops in Golden State, Philadelphia and Portland before landing in China.
The veteran is coming off a very impressive season in the CBA, putting up 24.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals while shooting 50.9 percent from the field.
The 6-foot-7 forward has always had a strong friendship with Dwyane Wade as the two grew up in the league and won the 2006 championship together. Wright, known for his sharp three-point shooting abilities, will open the floor for Wade and Goran Dragic.
The expectation is the that Heat will sign him before tomorrow’s game to get some experience and get used to the team’s system before the playoffs start this weekend.