- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Forward Dorell Wright
- Updated: April 11, 2016
Dorell Wright will sign with the Heat. Returning from China always gets interesting with international rules.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 11, 2016
Wright, 30, played in Miami for the first six years of his career. The 19th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft shuffled around the NBA after that with stops in Golden State, Philadelphia and Portland before landing in China.
The veteran is coming off a very impressive season in the CBA, putting up 24.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals while shooting 50.9 percent from the field.
The 6-foot-7 forward has always had a strong friendship with Dwyane Wade as the two grew up in the league and won the 2006 championship together. Wright, known for his sharp three-point shooting abilities, will open the floor for Wade and Goran Dragic.
The expectation is the that Heat will sign him before tomorrow’s game to get some experience and get used to the team’s system before the playoffs start this weekend.