- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Among Others Rally Around Udonis Haslem’s Plea for Justice
- Tyler Herro ‘Stands With People of Color’ as He Breaks His Silence on Racial Injustice
- ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Forward Dorell Wright
- Updated: April 11, 2016
Dorell Wright will sign with the Heat. Returning from China always gets interesting with international rules.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 11, 2016
Wright, 30, played in Miami for the first six years of his career. The 19th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft shuffled around the NBA after that with stops in Golden State, Philadelphia and Portland before landing in China.
The veteran is coming off a very impressive season in the CBA, putting up 24.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals while shooting 50.9 percent from the field.
The 6-foot-7 forward has always had a strong friendship with Dwyane Wade as the two grew up in the league and won the 2006 championship together. Wright, known for his sharp three-point shooting abilities, will open the floor for Wade and Goran Dragic.
The expectation is the that Heat will sign him before tomorrow’s game to get some experience and get used to the team’s system before the playoffs start this weekend.