- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Free Agent Guards John Lucas III and Tre Kelley
- Updated: September 28, 2015
Heat confirm signings of guards John Lucas III and Tre Kelley, as previously reported by Sun Sentinel. Camp roster now at maximum of 20.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 28, 2015
Terms of the non-guaranteed deals, which had been previously rumored, were not disclosed. However, the team’s roster is now complete with 20 players in training camp, which gets underway on Tuesday at Florida Atlantic University.
Lucas is an eight-year NBA veteran who has played at point guard for five teams in his seven years, most recently with the Detroit Pistons. He has also played internationally for more than three seasons and was a part of Miami’s 2009 training camp.
Kelley is a 30-year-old guard who has also been in the camps of the Heat (in 2008), Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies, but has spent virtually his entire career playing overseas. He’s versatile enough to play both backcourt roles.