- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Free Agent Guards John Lucas III and Tre Kelley
- Updated: September 28, 2015
Heat confirm signings of guards John Lucas III and Tre Kelley, as previously reported by Sun Sentinel. Camp roster now at maximum of 20.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 28, 2015
Terms of the non-guaranteed deals, which had been previously rumored, were not disclosed. However, the team’s roster is now complete with 20 players in training camp, which gets underway on Tuesday at Florida Atlantic University.
Lucas is an eight-year NBA veteran who has played at point guard for five teams in his seven years, most recently with the Detroit Pistons. He has also played internationally for more than three seasons and was a part of Miami’s 2009 training camp.
Kelley is a 30-year-old guard who has also been in the camps of the Heat (in 2008), Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies, but has spent virtually his entire career playing overseas. He’s versatile enough to play both backcourt roles.