- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Miami Heat News: Heat Working out Free Agent Point Guard Tre Kelley
- Updated: September 19, 2015
Tre Kelley may be back with the Miami Heat for one more training camp.
Kelley, who was on the Heat’s training camp roster in 2008 before getting cut in favor of Shaun Livingston, is currently working out at American Airlines Arena. Miami currently has one roster spot open after inviting guard John Lucas III to training camp.
Have confirmed that former South Carolina point guard Tre Kelly (30) has been working with Heat and could be 20th and final player for camp.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 18, 2015
The 6-foot point guard out of the University of South Carolina has yet to make his NBA debut after going undrafted in 2007. He has been playing stints in many countries overseas, including Croatia, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Belgium, China, Italy and Venezuela. Kelley has also spent time in the D-League, playing for the Heat’s affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce in 2014.
Outside of his stint with the Heat, he has also spent training camp time with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies.
Kelley faces an uphill battle to make the team’s roster, but the 15th roster spot for the regular season is up for grabs. If signed by the Heat, he would be the 10th player on the roster likely to be listed at guard.
The team will open training camp on September 29th.