- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Miami Heat News: Heat Working out Free Agent Point Guard Tre Kelley
- Updated: September 19, 2015
Tre Kelley may be back with the Miami Heat for one more training camp.
Kelley, who was on the Heat’s training camp roster in 2008 before getting cut in favor of Shaun Livingston, is currently working out at American Airlines Arena. Miami currently has one roster spot open after inviting guard John Lucas III to training camp.
Have confirmed that former South Carolina point guard Tre Kelly (30) has been working with Heat and could be 20th and final player for camp.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 18, 2015
The 6-foot point guard out of the University of South Carolina has yet to make his NBA debut after going undrafted in 2007. He has been playing stints in many countries overseas, including Croatia, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Belgium, China, Italy and Venezuela. Kelley has also spent time in the D-League, playing for the Heat’s affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce in 2014.
Outside of his stint with the Heat, he has also spent training camp time with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies.
Kelley faces an uphill battle to make the team’s roster, but the 15th roster spot for the regular season is up for grabs. If signed by the Heat, he would be the 10th player on the roster likely to be listed at guard.
The team will open training camp on September 29th.