- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat News: Heat Working out Free Agent Point Guard Tre Kelley
- Updated: September 19, 2015
Tre Kelley may be back with the Miami Heat for one more training camp.
Kelley, who was on the Heat’s training camp roster in 2008 before getting cut in favor of Shaun Livingston, is currently working out at American Airlines Arena. Miami currently has one roster spot open after inviting guard John Lucas III to training camp.
Have confirmed that former South Carolina point guard Tre Kelly (30) has been working with Heat and could be 20th and final player for camp.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 18, 2015
The 6-foot point guard out of the University of South Carolina has yet to make his NBA debut after going undrafted in 2007. He has been playing stints in many countries overseas, including Croatia, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Belgium, China, Italy and Venezuela. Kelley has also spent time in the D-League, playing for the Heat’s affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce in 2014.
Outside of his stint with the Heat, he has also spent training camp time with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies.
Kelley faces an uphill battle to make the team’s roster, but the 15th roster spot for the regular season is up for grabs. If signed by the Heat, he would be the 10th player on the roster likely to be listed at guard.
The team will open training camp on September 29th.