- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Amar’e Stoudemire to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 10, 2015
“We are very fortunate that a proven All-Star like Amar’e has chosen the Miami Heat,” said Heat president Pat Riley. “He is going to bring gravitas, leadership and a hardworking mentality to our team as we look to win another championship in Miami.”
Stoudemire, who last played for the Dallas Mavericks after being waived by the New York Knicks in February, maintained a reserve role over 23 games with the Mavs last season, as the power forward averaged 10.8 points and 3.7 boards in 16.5 minutes per game.
The signing of Stoudemire should take a lot of pressure off of starting power forward Chris Bosh and center Hassan Whiteside. Over his highly impressive career, the six-time NBA All-Star have averages of 19.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 32.1 minutes per game.