- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Amar’e Stoudemire to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 10, 2015
“We are very fortunate that a proven All-Star like Amar’e has chosen the Miami Heat,” said Heat president Pat Riley. “He is going to bring gravitas, leadership and a hardworking mentality to our team as we look to win another championship in Miami.”
Stoudemire, who last played for the Dallas Mavericks after being waived by the New York Knicks in February, maintained a reserve role over 23 games with the Mavs last season, as the power forward averaged 10.8 points and 3.7 boards in 16.5 minutes per game.
The signing of Stoudemire should take a lot of pressure off of starting power forward Chris Bosh and center Hassan Whiteside. Over his highly impressive career, the six-time NBA All-Star have averages of 19.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 32.1 minutes per game.