- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Miami Heat News: Heat Could Sign Forward Dorell Wright by Sunday
- Updated: April 7, 2016
There appears to be a strong likelihood of veteran forward Dorell Wright signing with the Miami Heat by Sunday, reuniting him with the team in which he played for after being a first-round draft selection in 2004.
That news comes from Shams Charania of The Vertical who cited league sources. The 6’7″ Wright is currently in Miami, and should things go according to plan, both sides expect to have a deal formalized by Sunday.
After six seasons with the Heat, Wright moved on to also play for Golden State, Philadelphia and Portland. He has career averages of 8.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game. He also has a career 36.5 shooting percentage on three-pointers.
Maintaining a close relationship with Dwyane Wade after leaving as a free agent in 2010, Wright also has familiarity with Miami’s head coach Erik Spoelstra as well as two of the team’s assistants, Chris Quinn and Keith Smart.
Wright recently concluded his season with Beijing of the Chinese Basketball Association, averaging 24.3 points and 7.5 rebounds. He went there after receiving no guaranteed offers during last summer’s free agency period.