- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Miss Extended Period With Knee Injury
- Updated: November 19, 2018
Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic will sit out the next three games after having his right knee drained on Monday morning. The issue had kept him out of Sunday night’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Goran Dragic (knee) out next three games.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 19, 2018
INJURY UPDATE: Goran Dragic had his right knee drained this morning and will be out for the next couple of games. The hope is for the knee inflammation to subside enough by next week for a possible consistent return to action.
The procedure was part of an attempt to reduce the level of inflammation Dragic has been experiencing. Earlier this month, he missed a trio of contests over a four-game stretch before making it back for next four contests. However, the pain returned and once against sent him to the sidelines for the Lakers clash.
The additional rest he’ll now have will also play a part in alleviating the problem. The hope is that he’ll be able to take the court again for the Heat’s home game against the Atlanta Hawks on Nov. 27.
For the 2018-19 campaign, the 32-year-old Dragic has averaged 30.8 minutes per game in his 13 contests. During that time, he’s averaged 16.3 points, 4.7 assists and 3.3 rebounds.