- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Stephen Curry Thinks Dwyane Wade Should Play a Couple More Seasons
- Updated: April 8, 2019
While Wade hasn’t wavered from his announced retirement, Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry believes that he could extend it a few more years if he wanted.
Curry, currently at or near the top among backcourt players in the league, offered his thoughts on Wade’s pending retirement and contributed an anecdote from the conclusion of the Feb. 10 game between the Heat and Warriors:
“An all-time great in terms of being a champion, carving out his own lane. What he’s done for this city is amazing and I know how much Miami loves him. It seems like he’s got a lot more in the tank. That’s what I told him after the [Feb. 10] game, ‘Are you sure?… I know you got a lot of stuff going on off the court with family and all that. Are you sure you don’t have a couple more years left in there?’”
Both Wade and Curry have been key factors in helping their respective franchises capture a trio of NBA titles. Curry collected his three championships within the last four years, with the Warriors strong contenders this year to win their third consecutive championship.
In contrast, Wade’s last title came six years ago and the Heat need plenty of help simply to reach the postseason this year. Yet, regardless of whether the Heat are able to get to the playoffs, it’s clear that there’s a deep level of respect for Wade among a multitude of contemporaries and those who played before him.