- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Named Finalist for Magic Johnson Award
- Updated: May 9, 2019
Each season, players around the NBA are recognized for their contributions to the game, and this season, Dwyane Wade has been named a finalist for the Magic Johnson Award.
The award goes to the player who best represents excellence both on the court as well as with media and fans. Given that information, it’s no surprise why Wade is up for the award.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) May 9, 2019
In his final season in the NBA, Wade averaged an impressive 15.0 points, 4.2 assists, and 4.0 rebounds per game. He was named to the All-Star Game and had his fair share of jaw-dropping moments during his final season and farewell tour.
When it came to his engagement with fans and the media, Wade performed brilliantly as well. From posing for pictures with fans to taking part in youth outreach and making every postgame jersey swap a spectacle, Wade knew exactly how to make his final season in the NBA a collective experience.
While everyone else on the list would be a worthy recipient, given the fact that Wade has hung it up for good seems to make him the clear favorite.