- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Named Finalist for Magic Johnson Award
- Updated: May 9, 2019
Each season, players around the NBA are recognized for their contributions to the game, and this season, Dwyane Wade has been named a finalist for the Magic Johnson Award.
The award goes to the player who best represents excellence both on the court as well as with media and fans. Given that information, it’s no surprise why Wade is up for the award.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) May 9, 2019
In his final season in the NBA, Wade averaged an impressive 15.0 points, 4.2 assists, and 4.0 rebounds per game. He was named to the All-Star Game and had his fair share of jaw-dropping moments during his final season and farewell tour.
When it came to his engagement with fans and the media, Wade performed brilliantly as well. From posing for pictures with fans to taking part in youth outreach and making every postgame jersey swap a spectacle, Wade knew exactly how to make his final season in the NBA a collective experience.
While everyone else on the list would be a worthy recipient, given the fact that Wade has hung it up for good seems to make him the clear favorite.