- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Miami Heat News: Erik Spoelstra Voted 2nd Best NBA Coach in GM Poll
- Updated: October 17, 2019
According to the 2019-20 General Manager Survey by NBA.com, Spolestra was voted as the second-best NBA coach by general managers.
San Antonio Spurs legend Gregg Popovich garnered the largest percentage of votes at 31 percent in the category. Spoelstra came in second with 17 percent of the votes.
Other notable names on the list included 2019 Coach of the Year winner Mike Budenholzer, who came in third with 10 percent. Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr rounded out the top four with seven percent of the vote.
Spoelstra is entering his 12th season as Miami’s head coach. Since taking over for Pat Riley in 2008, Spoelstra has earned a record of 523 wins and 363 losses, good for a winning percentage of 59 percent.
His most successful period with the team came during the Big 3 era when he led the Heat to four straight NBA Finals berths as well as two NBA championships.
Behind Popovich, Spoelstra is the second-longest tenured coach in the league. It looks like that record will stay in place for the foreseeable future as the Heat and Spoelstra agreed to a long-term contract extension last month.