- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Report: Erik Spoelstra Agrees to Long-Term Contract Extension With Miami Heat
- Updated: September 28, 2019
The 48-year-old Spoelstra, who is entering his 12th season as the Heat’s head coach, had just one year left on his current deal.
Since becoming the Heat’s head coach in 2008, Spoelstra has amassed a record of 523-363 with a winning percentage of 59 percent. He has also led the Heat to four NBA Finals berths as well as two NBA championships, which came during the 2011-12 season and the 2012-13 season.
Spoelstra is currently the NBA’s second-longest tenured coach, sitting just behind Gregg Popovich of the San Antonio Spurs.