- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
Miami Heat News: Heat Acquiring Phoenix’s Ryan Anderson in Trade for Tyler Johnson
- Updated: February 6, 2019
A short time later, it was revealed that the Heat had acquired power forward Ryan Anderson in the deal.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2019
Anderson is a 10-year NBA pro and while he has enjoyed some fantastic years in the league, his production has since taken a dramatic hit. He averaged double-digit scoring totals for seven years straight from the 2010-11 season to the 2016-17 season.
This season with the Suns, Anderson is averaging just 3.7 points per game on 31.7 percent from the field and 20.6 percent from beyond the arc.
Strangely, before the terms of the trade was announced, it was assumed that the Heat were looking to part ways with Johnson’s unattractive contract. Anderson, however, has a similarly team-unfriendly deal. He is set to make over $21 million next season, though just $15.6 million of that is guaranteed, before becoming an unrestricted free agent next spring.
Hopefully Anderson will help supply some depth to Miami’s frontcourt.