- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Miami Heat still trying to trade Goran Dragic to complete Jimmy Butler trade
- Updated: July 1, 2019
But in order for the deal to push through, Goran Dragic has to be shipped out as soon as possible.
According to a report from Barry Jackson and Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat is still in the process of getting that deal done:
“Meanwhile, the Heat has been trying to trade Dragic in order to fulfill financial obligations needed to complete a sign-and-trade with Butler, a league source with direct knowledge said Monday.”
Butler has agreed to the sign-and-trade, but Heat general manager Andy Elisburg has to find a new team to facilitate the Dragic trade first. The Heat reportedly was trying to trade Dragic to the Dallas Mavericks. But the Mavs thought they were receiving Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones Jr. instead.
The deal fell ultimately through and now the two teams are said to be blaming each other for the miscommunication.
There is probably a low chance that Miami and Dallas resume discussions, so Elisburg will have to scour the league for a replacement team to work with.