- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Report: Miami Heat still trying to trade Goran Dragic to complete Jimmy Butler trade
- Updated: July 1, 2019
But in order for the deal to push through, Goran Dragic has to be shipped out as soon as possible.
According to a report from Barry Jackson and Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat is still in the process of getting that deal done:
“Meanwhile, the Heat has been trying to trade Dragic in order to fulfill financial obligations needed to complete a sign-and-trade with Butler, a league source with direct knowledge said Monday.”
Butler has agreed to the sign-and-trade, but Heat general manager Andy Elisburg has to find a new team to facilitate the Dragic trade first. The Heat reportedly was trying to trade Dragic to the Dallas Mavericks. But the Mavs thought they were receiving Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones Jr. instead.
The deal fell ultimately through and now the two teams are said to be blaming each other for the miscommunication.
There is probably a low chance that Miami and Dallas resume discussions, so Elisburg will have to scour the league for a replacement team to work with.