- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat still trying to trade Goran Dragic to complete Jimmy Butler trade
- Updated: July 1, 2019
But in order for the deal to push through, Goran Dragic has to be shipped out as soon as possible.
According to a report from Barry Jackson and Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat is still in the process of getting that deal done:
“Meanwhile, the Heat has been trying to trade Dragic in order to fulfill financial obligations needed to complete a sign-and-trade with Butler, a league source with direct knowledge said Monday.”
Butler has agreed to the sign-and-trade, but Heat general manager Andy Elisburg has to find a new team to facilitate the Dragic trade first. The Heat reportedly was trying to trade Dragic to the Dallas Mavericks. But the Mavs thought they were receiving Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones Jr. instead.
The deal fell ultimately through and now the two teams are said to be blaming each other for the miscommunication.
There is probably a low chance that Miami and Dallas resume discussions, so Elisburg will have to scour the league for a replacement team to work with.