- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Miami Heat still trying to trade Goran Dragic to complete Jimmy Butler trade
- Updated: July 1, 2019
But in order for the deal to push through, Goran Dragic has to be shipped out as soon as possible.
According to a report from Barry Jackson and Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat is still in the process of getting that deal done:
“Meanwhile, the Heat has been trying to trade Dragic in order to fulfill financial obligations needed to complete a sign-and-trade with Butler, a league source with direct knowledge said Monday.”
Butler has agreed to the sign-and-trade, but Heat general manager Andy Elisburg has to find a new team to facilitate the Dragic trade first. The Heat reportedly was trying to trade Dragic to the Dallas Mavericks. But the Mavs thought they were receiving Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones Jr. instead.
The deal fell ultimately through and now the two teams are said to be blaming each other for the miscommunication.
There is probably a low chance that Miami and Dallas resume discussions, so Elisburg will have to scour the league for a replacement team to work with.