- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Likely’ to Waive Forward Ryan Anderson
- Updated: July 1, 2019
Barring another roster move (which is certainly possible), Miami would likely have to waive Ryan Anderson and the $15.6M guaranteed portion over three seasons. The waive-and-stretch will likely be necessary for the Heat to stay under the $138.9M tax apron.
— Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) July 1, 2019
The Heat have been active over the past 24 hours, executing a big four-team deal to acquire four-time All-Star Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in return for 25-year-old small forward Josh Richardson.
Marks also reported that the Whiteside trade will create a trade exception worth $4.79 million that can be used to match salaries in a future trade.
Anderson was originally acquired by the Heat at midseason from the Phoenix Suns for Wayne Ellington, Tyler Johnson and cash. He had a dismal season, playing a total of just 25 games and shooting 30.4 percent from the field and 22.5 percent from three-point range.
Anderson, 31, has career averages of 12.4 points per game on 38.0 percent shooting from behind the three-point line. He has one more guaranteed year on his contract in the amount of over $21.2 million.