- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat ‘Likely’ to Waive Forward Ryan Anderson
- Updated: July 1, 2019
Barring another roster move (which is certainly possible), Miami would likely have to waive Ryan Anderson and the $15.6M guaranteed portion over three seasons. The waive-and-stretch will likely be necessary for the Heat to stay under the $138.9M tax apron.
— Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) July 1, 2019
The Heat have been active over the past 24 hours, executing a big four-team deal to acquire four-time All-Star Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in return for 25-year-old small forward Josh Richardson.
Marks also reported that the Whiteside trade will create a trade exception worth $4.79 million that can be used to match salaries in a future trade.
Anderson was originally acquired by the Heat at midseason from the Phoenix Suns for Wayne Ellington, Tyler Johnson and cash. He had a dismal season, playing a total of just 25 games and shooting 30.4 percent from the field and 22.5 percent from three-point range.
Anderson, 31, has career averages of 12.4 points per game on 38.0 percent shooting from behind the three-point line. He has one more guaranteed year on his contract in the amount of over $21.2 million.