- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
James Johnson Shouts Out Dwyane Wade for Making Him a Better Father
- Updated: June 17, 2019
On Father’s Day, forward James Johnson took time to thank for Wade showering him with knowledge and setting a good example of fatherhood.
Johnson, 32, has been spending a ton of time with his sons this offseason. The father of two makes it a priority to take his kids around and teach them about his family’s culture.
There isn’t a better example to look up to than Wade, who is widely known for being fantastic dad. In fact, one of Wade’s driving motivations for retiring was to be more present as a father.
His oldest son, Zaire, is currently fielding offers from colleges as he longs to make the NBA. While one child is on the cusp of going to college, another is still learning how to walk. Wade shocked fans earlier in the season when he and Gabrielle Union announced the birth of Kaavia James Union Wade.
Since retiring, the 2006 Finals MVP has been put on full-time dad duty.