- Justise Winslow Suggests Miami Heat’s Offense ‘More Complex and Complicated’ This Year
- Report: Jimmy Butler Requested Trade Out of Minnesota Due to Andrew Wiggins Receiving Contract Extension
- Erik Spoelstra Says Jimmy Butler Has Miami Heat DNA, Was ‘Meant to Play Here’
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
Report: LeBron James and Anthony Davis Plan to Be Involved in Kawhi Leonard Pitch
- Updated: June 28, 2019
Ever since the Los Angeles Lakers made the moves necessary to land yet another max contract player, it was assumed that Kawhi Leonard was at the very top of the wish list.
On Friday, it was reported that there is a real possibility that the 2019 Finals MVP ends up on the Lakers.
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 28, 2019
Signing Leonard would immediately make the Lakers the next superteam in the NBA, with few comparisons existing throughout the history of the league.
The combination of raw physical ability and basketball IQ that the three All-Stars possess is top class.
While the Lakers would have little cap flexibility when it comes to filling out the rest of their roster, it would likely not matter much as long as James, Davis, and Leonard can remain healthy for much of the upcoming season.
How James and Davis factor into the team’s formal pitch to Leonard remains unclear. However, what is abundantly clear is that the Lakers are seeking do something very special this offseason.