- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Erik Spoelstra Says Miami Heat Hold Zoom Conference Meetings Every Other Day
- Updated: April 1, 2020
Teams all over the NBA are searching for ways to stay mentally engaged while the 2019-20 season remains on pause due to the novel coronavirus.
According to a Wednesday report, the Miami Heat have started to hold team meetings via the video conferencing app Zoom.
Erik Spoelstra said the Heat coaching staff is having Zoom conference meetings every other day "to prepare for the possibility the season will resume."
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) April 1, 2020
Erik Spoelstra says the Heat are working regularly, for purposes of keeping a routine. "These are not 12-hour days," Spo insists.
As always with Spo, there is perspective.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) April 1, 2020
As always, it appears that the Heat culture is staying firm during this uncertain time. Surely, the leadership of Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has been highly comforting for his players in recent days.
As for leadership on the roster, Heat All-Star Jimmy Butler is clearly keeping busy. Recently, the star wing claimed that all he has been doing since the NBA has been put on pause is “drinking wine and working out.”
The Heat seemingly entered the 2019-20 season with incredible team chemistry, despite a number of new arrivals. The team chemistry was a big reason why they were sitting comfortably at the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.
At the moment, the most important thing is that everyone within the Heat organization, and everyone all over the world, does whatever they can do stay healthy and safe.
Once the global community is able to find a way to keep the highly contagious disease at bay, simple joys like basketball will surely return.