- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat have had discussions about trading for DeMar DeRozan
- Updated: March 23, 2021
After a rough start to the 2020-21 NBA season, the Miami Heat have recovered and are currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
But they apparently do not want to stand pat, and reportedly the team may be interested in acquiring DeMar DeRozan.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) March 23, 2021
DeRozan, 31, is a veteran who knows how to score, particularly from midrange. He has consistently averaged over 20 points a game for several years, and he has been selected to the NBA All-Star Game four times.
As a longtime member of the Toronto Raptors until 2018, he has ample playoff experience as well.
With just two days left until the trade deadline, there are rumors about the Heat being interested in or even the favorites to land a few players.
In addition, reports have surfaced that the San Antonio Spurs’ LaMarcus Aldridge may sign with Miami if he ends up getting bought out of his current contract.