- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Report: 3 Miami Heat Players Being Discussed in Trades in Advance of Deadline
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Heat are clearly looking to accomplish two things with these flurry of trades: thin their crowded roster and clear cap space for the upcoming 2019 offseason.
In their first trade with the Suns, the Heat saved around $8 million in taxes. With Whiteside scheduled to earn $27 million next year, and both Olynyk and Waiters signed through the 2020 season, it’s likely that the Heat front office is looking to clear as much cap space as possible to be able to land one of the big fish in the offseason.
It’s unfortunate that Whiteside is on the trading block, as he has seemingly turned a corner regarding his maturity issues. The big man is averaging 13.0 points, 12.4 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks on the season.