- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
Report: 3 Miami Heat Players Being Discussed in Trades in Advance of Deadline
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Heat are clearly looking to accomplish two things with these flurry of trades: thin their crowded roster and clear cap space for the upcoming 2019 offseason.
In their first trade with the Suns, the Heat saved around $8 million in taxes. With Whiteside scheduled to earn $27 million next year, and both Olynyk and Waiters signed through the 2020 season, it’s likely that the Heat front office is looking to clear as much cap space as possible to be able to land one of the big fish in the offseason.
It’s unfortunate that Whiteside is on the trading block, as he has seemingly turned a corner regarding his maturity issues. The big man is averaging 13.0 points, 12.4 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks on the season.