- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Report: 3 Miami Heat Players Being Discussed in Trades in Advance of Deadline
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Heat are clearly looking to accomplish two things with these flurry of trades: thin their crowded roster and clear cap space for the upcoming 2019 offseason.
In their first trade with the Suns, the Heat saved around $8 million in taxes. With Whiteside scheduled to earn $27 million next year, and both Olynyk and Waiters signed through the 2020 season, it’s likely that the Heat front office is looking to clear as much cap space as possible to be able to land one of the big fish in the offseason.
It’s unfortunate that Whiteside is on the trading block, as he has seemingly turned a corner regarding his maturity issues. The big man is averaging 13.0 points, 12.4 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks on the season.