- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
Report: 3 Miami Heat Players Being Discussed in Trades in Advance of Deadline
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Heat are clearly looking to accomplish two things with these flurry of trades: thin their crowded roster and clear cap space for the upcoming 2019 offseason.
In their first trade with the Suns, the Heat saved around $8 million in taxes. With Whiteside scheduled to earn $27 million next year, and both Olynyk and Waiters signed through the 2020 season, it’s likely that the Heat front office is looking to clear as much cap space as possible to be able to land one of the big fish in the offseason.
It’s unfortunate that Whiteside is on the trading block, as he has seemingly turned a corner regarding his maturity issues. The big man is averaging 13.0 points, 12.4 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks on the season.