- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Updated: October 21, 2019
According to Heavy.com’s Sean Deveney, members of the Heat organization were reportedly relieved that the suspension was carried out.
“Within the organization, there was some relief that Waiters was suspended, a signal that his antics won’t be tolerated,” Deveney wrote.
After going into a fit of rage directed at head coach Erik Spoelstra during the Heat’s game against the Houston Rockets on Friday, Waiters was suspended by the team for at least one game due to “unprofessional conduct.”
“The main issue for Waiters appears to be the deterioration of his minutes, which probably won’t improve much with the rise of rookie guard Tyler Herro, a potential starter,” Deveney added.
The seven-year veteran is known as one of the most volatile players in the league. The behavioral issues have followed him throughout his career, from his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers to his time with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and now with Miami.