- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Updated: October 21, 2019
According to Heavy.com’s Sean Deveney, members of the Heat organization were reportedly relieved that the suspension was carried out.
“Within the organization, there was some relief that Waiters was suspended, a signal that his antics won’t be tolerated,” Deveney wrote.
After going into a fit of rage directed at head coach Erik Spoelstra during the Heat’s game against the Houston Rockets on Friday, Waiters was suspended by the team for at least one game due to “unprofessional conduct.”
“The main issue for Waiters appears to be the deterioration of his minutes, which probably won’t improve much with the rise of rookie guard Tyler Herro, a potential starter,” Deveney added.
The seven-year veteran is known as one of the most volatile players in the league. The behavioral issues have followed him throughout his career, from his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers to his time with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and now with Miami.