- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Updated: October 6, 2019
Halsem is partnering with Magellan Housing in order to build affordable housing in North Miami. According to the South Florida Business Journal, the project plans to build 124 apartments, a community garden and 10,000 square feet of commercial, clinical and office space on the land at 13780 Northeast Fifth Avenue.
The 39-year-old, who is entering his 17th NBA season after re-signing with the Heat this offseason, reacted to the news on his Instagram account.
The University of Florida product has spent his entire NBA career with the Heat, having joined the team back in 2003, the same year the team drafted guard Dwyane Wade. In 16 seasons with the team, Haslem has averaged 7.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game while constantly showing other players what it really means to be a Heat player.
With this new project that is sure to help many people in the community, it’s easy to see why Haslem is loved by so many in his hometown.