- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Updated: October 6, 2019
Halsem is partnering with Magellan Housing in order to build affordable housing in North Miami. According to the South Florida Business Journal, the project plans to build 124 apartments, a community garden and 10,000 square feet of commercial, clinical and office space on the land at 13780 Northeast Fifth Avenue.
The 39-year-old, who is entering his 17th NBA season after re-signing with the Heat this offseason, reacted to the news on his Instagram account.
The University of Florida product has spent his entire NBA career with the Heat, having joined the team back in 2003, the same year the team drafted guard Dwyane Wade. In 16 seasons with the team, Haslem has averaged 7.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game while constantly showing other players what it really means to be a Heat player.
With this new project that is sure to help many people in the community, it’s easy to see why Haslem is loved by so many in his hometown.