- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Report: Udonis Haslem to Return on 1-Year, $2.6 Million Deal With Miami Heat
- Updated: August 6, 2019
He’s back, because he never left.
The Captain – and three-time NBA champion – has played with 130 different Heat teammates.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 6, 2019
Haslem has been a mainstay in South Florida for his entire 17-year NBA career. He’s gone from an undrafted rookie out of the University of Florida, to an NBA champion, to now one of the most respected vets in the league.
While it is likely that Haslem will see very few minutes this season, it is even more likely that he will continue to serve as a teacher and mentor for the Heat’s young and talented core.
Haslem will perhaps have the greatest impact on third-year player Bam Adebayo. While Adebayo has largely played a support role so far in his career, he is expected to take over a much larger role this season.
Though the Heat had to say goodbye to legend Dwyane Wade last season, it’s great to know that at least one player from the Heat’s championship squads remains in South Beach.