- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Report: Udonis Haslem to Return on 1-Year, $2.6 Million Deal With Miami Heat
- Updated: August 6, 2019
He’s back, because he never left.
The Captain – and three-time NBA champion – has played with 130 different Heat teammates.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 6, 2019
Haslem has been a mainstay in South Florida for his entire 17-year NBA career. He’s gone from an undrafted rookie out of the University of Florida, to an NBA champion, to now one of the most respected vets in the league.
While it is likely that Haslem will see very few minutes this season, it is even more likely that he will continue to serve as a teacher and mentor for the Heat’s young and talented core.
Haslem will perhaps have the greatest impact on third-year player Bam Adebayo. While Adebayo has largely played a support role so far in his career, he is expected to take over a much larger role this season.
Though the Heat had to say goodbye to legend Dwyane Wade last season, it’s great to know that at least one player from the Heat’s championship squads remains in South Beach.