- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Report: Udonis Haslem to Return on 1-Year, $2.6 Million Deal With Miami Heat
- Updated: August 6, 2019
He’s back, because he never left.
The Captain – and three-time NBA champion – has played with 130 different Heat teammates.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 6, 2019
Haslem has been a mainstay in South Florida for his entire 17-year NBA career. He’s gone from an undrafted rookie out of the University of Florida, to an NBA champion, to now one of the most respected vets in the league.
While it is likely that Haslem will see very few minutes this season, it is even more likely that he will continue to serve as a teacher and mentor for the Heat’s young and talented core.
Haslem will perhaps have the greatest impact on third-year player Bam Adebayo. While Adebayo has largely played a support role so far in his career, he is expected to take over a much larger role this season.
Though the Heat had to say goodbye to legend Dwyane Wade last season, it’s great to know that at least one player from the Heat’s championship squads remains in South Beach.