- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Report: Udonis Haslem to Return on 1-Year, $2.6 Million Deal With Miami Heat
- Updated: August 6, 2019
He’s back, because he never left.
The Captain – and three-time NBA champion – has played with 130 different Heat teammates.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 6, 2019
Haslem has been a mainstay in South Florida for his entire 17-year NBA career. He’s gone from an undrafted rookie out of the University of Florida, to an NBA champion, to now one of the most respected vets in the league.
While it is likely that Haslem will see very few minutes this season, it is even more likely that he will continue to serve as a teacher and mentor for the Heat’s young and talented core.
Haslem will perhaps have the greatest impact on third-year player Bam Adebayo. While Adebayo has largely played a support role so far in his career, he is expected to take over a much larger role this season.
Though the Heat had to say goodbye to legend Dwyane Wade last season, it’s great to know that at least one player from the Heat’s championship squads remains in South Beach.