- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Tyler Herro Says He Wishes Dwyane Wade Was His Teammate
- Updated: April 6, 2020
Over the weekend, Herro indicated that he wishes he could have played alongside the future Hall of Famer.
D wade https://t.co/6AF8Dhhpr2
Wade completed his memorable 16-year career last year, taking part in a season-long farewell tour that saw him recognized across the league for his many accomplishments.
Two months after Wade’s final game, Herro was selected by the Heat with the 13th overall pick in the draft.
Wade took time to recognize the drafting of Herro, and he also included some strong advice to embrace the Heat’s rigorous attention to work ethic.
Herro took that advice to heart and had put together a strong first season prior to the NBA’s suspension of play on March 11.
The 20-year-old Herro was contributing largely off the bench, starting only six of his 47 games on the season.
However, in those contests, he was averaging 12.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game, helping the Heat to a 41-24 record on the year.
While Herro never got the opportunity to play with Wade, he has forged a strong bond with Jimmy Butler, who has brought much of the fire and talent that Wade possessed during his time in a Heat uniform.
The good news for Herro is that Wade continues to keep close tabs on the Heat and has always been open to offering advice to players seeking his counsel.
Judging from the reverence that Herro has for Wade, it’s likely that such conversations will take place in the years ahead.