- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Pat Riley Quips Miami Heat Fined Justise Winslow $50K for Recent Comments
- Updated: September 27, 2019
During his pre-camp media briefing at AmericanAirlines Arena, Riley addressed Winslow’s previous comments that he wants to play point guard this season.
“We fined him $50,000 and we gave it to Goran [Dragic],” Riley quipped. “He’s a young man. I love Justise. Jimmy Butler loves Justise. We all know what kind of player Justise is.”
Dragic went down with a knee injury last December which left the team without its best point guard for a majority of the 2018-19 season. Coach Erik Spoelstra decided later to put the ball in Winslow’s hands and let him take over the playmaking chores.
But with Dragic finally healthy for the 2019-20 regular season, the expectation is for Winslow to slide back to his natural small forward position.
Winslow had a different perspective, however, when he talked about what position he plans to play this year.
“I’m looking forward to playing point guard this season,” Winslow said. “We’ll see how that works out, but that’s my plan, is to play point guard and be the point guard for this team.”
Unfortunately for Winslow, it looks like Riley has put his foot down on what the team wants from him this season. The 23-year-old veteran should be thankful that his boss is only joking about the huge fine he supposedly received.