- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Pat Riley Quips Miami Heat Fined Justise Winslow $50K for Recent Comments
- Updated: September 27, 2019
During his pre-camp media briefing at AmericanAirlines Arena, Riley addressed Winslow’s previous comments that he wants to play point guard this season.
“We fined him $50,000 and we gave it to Goran [Dragic],” Riley quipped. “He’s a young man. I love Justise. Jimmy Butler loves Justise. We all know what kind of player Justise is.”
Dragic went down with a knee injury last December which left the team without its best point guard for a majority of the 2018-19 season. Coach Erik Spoelstra decided later to put the ball in Winslow’s hands and let him take over the playmaking chores.
But with Dragic finally healthy for the 2019-20 regular season, the expectation is for Winslow to slide back to his natural small forward position.
Winslow had a different perspective, however, when he talked about what position he plans to play this year.
“I’m looking forward to playing point guard this season,” Winslow said. “We’ll see how that works out, but that’s my plan, is to play point guard and be the point guard for this team.”
Unfortunately for Winslow, it looks like Riley has put his foot down on what the team wants from him this season. The 23-year-old veteran should be thankful that his boss is only joking about the huge fine he supposedly received.