- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Pat Riley Quips Miami Heat Fined Justise Winslow $50K for Recent Comments
- Updated: September 27, 2019
During his pre-camp media briefing at AmericanAirlines Arena, Riley addressed Winslow’s previous comments that he wants to play point guard this season.
“We fined him $50,000 and we gave it to Goran [Dragic],” Riley quipped. “He’s a young man. I love Justise. Jimmy Butler loves Justise. We all know what kind of player Justise is.”
Dragic went down with a knee injury last December which left the team without its best point guard for a majority of the 2018-19 season. Coach Erik Spoelstra decided later to put the ball in Winslow’s hands and let him take over the playmaking chores.
But with Dragic finally healthy for the 2019-20 regular season, the expectation is for Winslow to slide back to his natural small forward position.
Winslow had a different perspective, however, when he talked about what position he plans to play this year.
“I’m looking forward to playing point guard this season,” Winslow said. “We’ll see how that works out, but that’s my plan, is to play point guard and be the point guard for this team.”
Unfortunately for Winslow, it looks like Riley has put his foot down on what the team wants from him this season. The 23-year-old veteran should be thankful that his boss is only joking about the huge fine he supposedly received.