- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Pat Riley Quips Miami Heat Fined Justise Winslow $50K for Recent Comments
- Updated: September 27, 2019
During his pre-camp media briefing at AmericanAirlines Arena, Riley addressed Winslow’s previous comments that he wants to play point guard this season.
“We fined him $50,000 and we gave it to Goran [Dragic],” Riley quipped. “He’s a young man. I love Justise. Jimmy Butler loves Justise. We all know what kind of player Justise is.”
Dragic went down with a knee injury last December which left the team without its best point guard for a majority of the 2018-19 season. Coach Erik Spoelstra decided later to put the ball in Winslow’s hands and let him take over the playmaking chores.
But with Dragic finally healthy for the 2019-20 regular season, the expectation is for Winslow to slide back to his natural small forward position.
Winslow had a different perspective, however, when he talked about what position he plans to play this year.
“I’m looking forward to playing point guard this season,” Winslow said. “We’ll see how that works out, but that’s my plan, is to play point guard and be the point guard for this team.”
Unfortunately for Winslow, it looks like Riley has put his foot down on what the team wants from him this season. The 23-year-old veteran should be thankful that his boss is only joking about the huge fine he supposedly received.