- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
NBA Scout Reveals How Much Rodney McGruder Could Make This Summer
- Updated: February 21, 2019
Rodney McGruder is in the midst of the best season of his young career, and he’ll look to capitalize on that this summer. The third-year guard for the Miami Heat will be a free agent in the offseason, and could secure a nice payday.
According to a report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, some scouts think McGruder will do decently for himself, but he probably won’t cash in with a huge contract.
“I’ve always liked him as a situational guy,” an anonymous NBA scout said. “But is he even a rotation guy on a good team? He will get more than the minimum from someone this summer, maybe on the low end of a share of the $10 million midlevel this summer.”
If the Heat want to retain McGruder, the team can give him the qualifying offer, which would be for one year and $3 million. If McGruder were to reject that offer he would become a restricted free agent, meaning Miami could match any contract given to him by another team.
On the year, the 27-year old McGruder is averaging 8.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game, all career-high marks. He’s shooting 35.1 percent from beyond the arc, and has started 44 games for the 26-31 Heat.