- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
NBA Scout Reveals How Much Rodney McGruder Could Make This Summer
- Updated: February 21, 2019
Rodney McGruder is in the midst of the best season of his young career, and he’ll look to capitalize on that this summer. The third-year guard for the Miami Heat will be a free agent in the offseason, and could secure a nice payday.
According to a report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, some scouts think McGruder will do decently for himself, but he probably won’t cash in with a huge contract.
“I’ve always liked him as a situational guy,” an anonymous NBA scout said. “But is he even a rotation guy on a good team? He will get more than the minimum from someone this summer, maybe on the low end of a share of the $10 million midlevel this summer.”
If the Heat want to retain McGruder, the team can give him the qualifying offer, which would be for one year and $3 million. If McGruder were to reject that offer he would become a restricted free agent, meaning Miami could match any contract given to him by another team.
On the year, the 27-year old McGruder is averaging 8.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game, all career-high marks. He’s shooting 35.1 percent from beyond the arc, and has started 44 games for the 26-31 Heat.