- John Cho Hilariously Responds to Dwyane Wade After Kissing His Wife
- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
NBA Scout Reveals How Much Rodney McGruder Could Make This Summer
- Updated: February 21, 2019
Rodney McGruder is in the midst of the best season of his young career, and he’ll look to capitalize on that this summer. The third-year guard for the Miami Heat will be a free agent in the offseason, and could secure a nice payday.
According to a report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, some scouts think McGruder will do decently for himself, but he probably won’t cash in with a huge contract.
“I’ve always liked him as a situational guy,” an anonymous NBA scout said. “But is he even a rotation guy on a good team? He will get more than the minimum from someone this summer, maybe on the low end of a share of the $10 million midlevel this summer.”
If the Heat want to retain McGruder, the team can give him the qualifying offer, which would be for one year and $3 million. If McGruder were to reject that offer he would become a restricted free agent, meaning Miami could match any contract given to him by another team.
On the year, the 27-year old McGruder is averaging 8.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game, all career-high marks. He’s shooting 35.1 percent from beyond the arc, and has started 44 games for the 26-31 Heat.