- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Updated: October 28, 2020
As the Miami Heat prepare for the transactional period of the 2020 offseason, it appears that one of their role players may be on the move.
That’s because signs are pointing to big man Meyers Leonard moving out of Miami.
Captured in this video-
Responsible adults “packing” up the house. 😂 pic.twitter.com/8CsEFdthkv
Leonard is a 7-foot-1 center who was acquired last summer from the Portland Trail Blazers.
During the regular season, he provided Miami with valuable depth behind the ascendant Bam Adebayo, and he was especially helpful on the defensive end and on the boards.
However, his playing time declined precipitously during the playoffs.
One of the weaknesses of the Heat may be serviceable size up front, the lack of which got exposed during their loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.
If Leonard leaves, a backup center or big man will likely be on the team’s checklist of players to acquire before the 2020-21 NBA season kicks off.