- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat Championship Odds Soar After Hot Start to Season
- Updated: November 1, 2019
The Miami Heat are one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now.
After an impressive start to the 2019-20 regular season, the Heat’s championship odds have skyrocketed.
The Heat's championship odds from the start of the season to now have gone down from 66-1 to 33-1 per BetOnline, and from 20-1 to 14-1 to win East. Heat now a 1-2 favorite to win Southeast Division, from 10-11.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 1, 2019
Led by rising star Kendrick Nunn, the Heat defeated the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday to improve to a 4-1 record on the season.
The undrafted guard concluded the contest with a game-high 28 points on 10-of-15 shooting from the field.
The performance has put Nunn in the history books and the national spotlight. In fact, the 6-foot-3 underdog is leading all rookies in scoring with 22.4 points per game.
Aside from Nunn, the Heat have two former All-Stars in Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic. Furthermore, the improved play of youngsters Justise Winslow and Bam Adebayo give the Heat one of the most well-rounded teams in the league
While there were not concrete championship expectations to start the year, the Heat have certainly given fans hope for a deep playoff run to end this current campaign.