- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Championship Odds Soar After Hot Start to Season
- Updated: November 1, 2019
The Miami Heat are one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now.
After an impressive start to the 2019-20 regular season, the Heat’s championship odds have skyrocketed.
The Heat's championship odds from the start of the season to now have gone down from 66-1 to 33-1 per BetOnline, and from 20-1 to 14-1 to win East. Heat now a 1-2 favorite to win Southeast Division, from 10-11.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 1, 2019
Led by rising star Kendrick Nunn, the Heat defeated the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday to improve to a 4-1 record on the season.
The undrafted guard concluded the contest with a game-high 28 points on 10-of-15 shooting from the field.
The performance has put Nunn in the history books and the national spotlight. In fact, the 6-foot-3 underdog is leading all rookies in scoring with 22.4 points per game.
Aside from Nunn, the Heat have two former All-Stars in Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic. Furthermore, the improved play of youngsters Justise Winslow and Bam Adebayo give the Heat one of the most well-rounded teams in the league
While there were not concrete championship expectations to start the year, the Heat have certainly given fans hope for a deep playoff run to end this current campaign.